Global Demand Planner
Hem is a direct-to-consumer design brand disrupting the archaic furniture industry on a global scale - from Alaska to New Zealand. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, Hem crafts iconic products for clients ranging from Google and AirBnB to Nike and Facebook – all with the common denominator that they are creating the workplaces, homes, and experiences of tomorrow.
We are looking for those who have a genuine passion for Supply chain management and who get motivated by finding smart and efficient ways of planning, producing, and procuring products. The Operations team is now looking for a Demand Planner to join the team!
Are you looking for an exciting challenge at an international fast-growing startup, where being curious and taking initiatives are highly desirable? Are you also a person who goes above and beyond to provide great value for the customer and loves to work in a collaborative environment together with an innovative team? Then you might be who we’re looking for to join us as a Global Demand Planner! As a Demand Planner, you will work closely with Hem's manufacturing partners, from demand planning and procurement to inbound freight and follow-up. You will have daily contact with Hem's manufacturers and logistics partners in Europe while working side by side with Hem's Supply chain and Customer facing teams on both continents.
You will be responsible for the full flow of our products - from ordering and manufacturing to pick-up and delivery - with the ultimate goal of making sure we have the right products on hand at the right time. You will take data driven decisions every day, placing purchase orders, following up with our suppliers, making sure our stock levels stays on point, and making sure our products are available for our customers. Here follows some of the key areas of responsibilities:
- Analyzing demand and optimizing stock levels
- Place and follow-up on purchase orders with our manufacturers
- Having daily dialogs with the Customer facing teams, making sure they have access to the latest info regarding topics such as lead times, in-stock dates and custom order status for larger projects
- Scheduling and planning container shipments between our European and American warehouses
- Communicating with both our warehouses about incoming goods.
While being responsible for these areas and processes you will gradually develop them through continuous improvements. You will play a vital role in shaping how we work and communicate with both our external partners and other teams within Hem.
We are looking for you who probably...
- Can quickly get a good overview of a situation, still with an eye for details
- Is an analytical fast learner with a knack for Excel and ERP software
- Loves structure, prioritization, and improving processes to maximize efficiency
- Feels comfortable taking data driven decisions
- Thrives in a cross-functional international role, working with global operations
- Has a postgraduate education within Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or a similar degree
- Has excellent communication skills (in English) - both speaking and writing
- Gets motivated by new challenges and happily finds creative solutions to daily hurdles
As a person, you are hands on, take initiatives and contribute with your own ideas and suggestions to develop and improve current processes. You get motivated by achieving results and enjoy fast progress. You have the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and enjoy cooperating with your colleagues spread out over the globe, whilst you can also find comfort in working independently. You are communicative with both internal and external contacts. You always ensure good quality in your work as well as work proactively.
Does this sound like you? Then please tell us what sparks your interest with Hem and the role by applying below!
- Target Start: 2021-07-01
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Stockholm HQ (with Remote possibilities)