Hem is a direct-to-consumer design brand challenging the archaic furniture industry on a global scale. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, Hem crafts iconic products for homes and workplaces all around the world – from Alaska to New Zealand.
Being one of the world’s fastest-growing design companies (+100% year on year growth since 2016), and working with clients from the technology industry such as Google, Nike, Airbnb, Shopify, Stripe, Instagram, Square, Twitch, and design professionals such as MoMa, Snøhetta, Gensler, and Bjarke Ingels Group, Hem is part of defining the physical spaces of tomorrow.
By leveraging technology in their core business, Hem is cutting out the middlemen and making their sustainable state-of-the-art furniture, accessories, and lighting available to clients all around the world. With a diverse team of plus 40 people operating from Hem’s showrooms and studios in Stockholm, London, Los Angeles, and New York, our journey is just getting started.
About the job
Do you want to work with a fast-growing design and e-commerce brand? Are you someone who goes above and beyond to provide a great experience for your customers and who wants to be part of a team striving towards common goals? Then you might be our new Customer Support Representative.
This role serves to strengthen Hem's Customer Experience team. We are looking for a motivated, structured, and communicative team player who thrives in a global cross-functional setting where feedback, transparency and a flat hierarchy is encouraged.
Your main duty will be to provide an outstanding customer service to Hem’s customers, both B2C and B2B. The cases and questions vary in nature and complexity and no day ever looks the same. You will need to be on top of details as well as seeing the big picture, always putting the customer first.
- First in line to serve our customers and make sure they receive a solution to their request or question
- Communicate with our customers through our CRM (Salesforce), Online Chat (Intercom) and Phone.
- Assist our customers through the order process online for a frictionless customer experience
- Daily communication with our warehouse, to ensure logistic excellence for orders to ship out in time, and returns being received.
- Take care of any claims and returns from our Customers, and ensure the process is smooth and easy.
- Pick, pack and ship our Material Samples, for an easier purchase experience for our Customers.
- Administrative tasks and actions to ensure improvement of the Customer Journey on Hem.com
- Assist with customers visiting the Showroom.
- Speak as an ambassador for Hem and walk the extra mile for our customers.
We are looking for you who probably...
- Have outstanding communication skills, both in written and verbal English
- Have previous experience from customer service, hospitality, or retail
- Have great computer skills and are a fast learner when it comes to new business systems and administrative tasks
- Are a team player
- Enjoy working in a high-paced environment
It will be considered an additional qualification if you have:
- Previous experience from working in a customer facing role
- Previous experience from handling claims and order management
- Previous experience from the world of design/furniture/e-commerce
- Previous experience working in an ERP System (eg. Microsoft NAV)
- Target start: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: LA
At Hem we believe our culture is what makes us successful and offer a workplace with a lot of ambition and heart, with colleagues that help and care for each other.
Sparked your interest? Don´t wait, apply now!
For any questions regarding the position,
please contact Isabelle, Customer Experience Manager at