Initially a 12 month contract (parental leave) with the goal of extending it to a permanent position (Tillsvidareanställning)
Being part of the team
Hem consists of a diverse team of exceptional creative thinkers who want to succeed together and disrupt the archaic design industry. With team members in Stockholm, London, New York and Los Angeles our core values, an active feedback culture combined with a flat hierarchy are key success factors that unifies us across time zones.
The Commercial team at Hem are on the front line bringing Hem's global offering to clients around the world, ranging from progressive tech companies such as Google, AirBnb, and Nike, to creative vanguards like MoMa, Snøhetta, Rapt Studios, and Bjarke Ingels Group.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and creative thinker to join our international team in a constantly changing and developing start-up environment at our HQ in Stockholm. You thrive in a global cross-functional setting where feedback, transparency and a flat hierarchy is encouraged. We expect your work to be methodical and service-driven and you are in it for the long-term.
Together with your colleagues in the Commercial Team you will handle incoming requests and support outreach to Hem’s clients within the design and architecture industry, ensuring they receive adequate attention and a fulfilling customer experience. Constantly striving to improve and automate process by leveraging tech, the Commercial team can spend their time on enriching the Hem experience for clients.
- Lead the CX team (with members in Stockholm and Los Angeles) to ensure comprehensive objectives and common understanding and ownership of goals/priorities.
- You are customer-obsessed and will continuously raise the bar of the service we provide. You lead by example.
- Manage individuals within the CX organization. Being able to act as a sparring partner helping your colleagues to grow is a key ability.
- Use data to make informed decisions and to develop strategies to improve the customer experience and satisfaction.
- Improve the efficiency of your team to prioritize and delegate tasks and activities
- Hands on and together with team members handling client requests regarding our products, orders, logistics and claims.
- Own and drive the CX KPIs, such as Response time, NPS, Claim rate.
- Work closely with other departments within Hem, such as logistics, business development, R&D and tech to ensure we’re improving the customer experience and our internal workflow.
- Know how to share customer feedback within the company/with other teams so we can always improve the Hem experience.
- Have 3-5 years of managing a customer-facing team and/or cross-functional teams
- Have a can-do attitude and you are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Are able to think on your feet, and multi-tasking is your second nature.
- You are analytical and have experience of analyzing customer experience metrics.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills in English (additional language, such as French, Spanish and German is a plus)
- Experience working in Microsoft NAV (or other ERP-systems), Salesforce and Intercom. Ability to improve our processes to next level Customer Experience.
- Have excellent computer skills and a knack for learning new business systems and various administrative tasks
- Experience working with claims. Handling the process for customers and liaising with other teams to draw lessons learned and improvements.
- Enjoy working in a multicultural environment with a strong team spirit.
- Have a desire to grow within the company
- Can articulate what makes Hem unique
- Have a passion for design and disrupting an industry
Hem in short
Hem is a direct-to-consumer design brand challenging the archaic furniture industry on a global scale. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, Hem crafts iconic products for homes and workplaces all around the world – from Alaska to New Zealand.
Being one of the world’s fastest-growing design companies (+100% year on year growth since 2016), and working with clients from the technology industry such as Google, Nike, Airbnb, Instagram, Square, Twitch, and design professionals such as MoMa, Snøhetta, Gensler, and Bjarke Ingels Group, Hem is part of defining the physical spaces of tomorrow.
Hem represents a new era of designers and makers who take on the design, product development, manufacturing, technology, and logistics. This means that, instead of pushing the margins of mass production, Hem opts for revisiting traditional craftsmanship techniques and forging collaborative relationships with a range of the world’s best independent designers, to create products that are unique, understated and incredibly high-quality.
By leveraging technology in their core business, Hem is cutting out the middlemen and making their sustainable state-of-the-art furniture, accessories, and lighting available to clients all around the world. With a diverse team of plus 40 people operating from Hem’s showrooms and studios in Stockholm, London, Los Angeles, and New York, our journey is just getting started.