Being part of the team
Hem consists of a diverse team of exceptional creative thinkers who want to succeed together and disrupt the archaic design industry. With team members in Stockholm, London, New York and Los Angeles our core values, an active feedback culture combined with a flat hierarchy are key success factors that unifies us across time zones.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and structured Office & Showroom manager with a keen eye for detail to join our international team in a dynamic start-up environment at our HQ in Stockholm. You thrive in a global cross-functional setting where feedback, transparency and a flat hierarchy is encouraged.
As Office & Showroom Manager you will be part of Hem’s Finance & Admin team. You will play a highly central role in the organization with many cross-team collaborations, where tasks may differ from day to day. In this position you will wear many hats, but your main responsibilities are showroom maintenance, general office management, managing team activities, organizing events, and providing executive assistance.
Hem in short
Hem is a direct-to-consumer design brand challenging the archaic furniture industry on a global scale. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, Hem crafts iconic products for homes and workplaces all around the world – from Alaska to New Zealand.
Being one of the world’s fastest-growing design companies (+100% year on year growth since 2016), and working with clients from the technology industry such as Google, Nike, Airbnb, Shopify, Stripe, Instagram, Square, Twitch, and design professionals such as MoMa, Snøhetta, Gensler, and Bjarke Ingels Group, Hem is part of defining the physical spaces of tomorrow.
Hem represents a new era of designers and makers who take on the design, product development, manufacturing, technology, and logistics. This means that, instead of pushing the margins of mass production, Hem opts for revisiting traditional craftsmanship techniques and forging collaborative relationships with a range of the world’s best independent designers, to create products that are unique, understated and incredibly high-quality.
By leveraging technology in their core business, Hem is cutting out the middlemen and making their sustainable state-of-the-art furniture, accessories, and lighting available to clients all around the world. With a diverse team of plus 30 people operating from Hem’s showrooms and studios in Stockholm, London, Los Angeles, and New York, our journey is just getting started.
- Office management and administration, including office supplies, HQ inventory, policies, handbooks, and informational updates
- Maintenance of the office and showroom area, ensuring it’s kept representable and “on brand”
- As a Hem Ambassador, being the main go-to person for all office and showroom related needs
- Organization of internal and external office events, team building activities, meetings, and outings
- Office finances, including budget responsibility
- Supporting on- and offboarding of employees
- Being a culture bearer and continuously ensuring the wellbeing of the team
Qualifications and requirements:
We are looking for someone who is motivated by working in an international and ambitious team, in an environment that constantly develops and proposes new challenges, and have:
- Good administrative skills and a high level of service orientation
- Great Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in English and Swedish
- Previous experience from store management, office management or similar roles
As a person you are a fast learner with a “can-do attitude” who is organized and pay attention to detail. You are self-propelled, quality conscious and apply critical thinking as well as have respect for deadlines. We believe that you enjoy building relationships and strive to take part of company processes and improve quality continuously.
- One year maternity cover with possibility for extension
- Full-time (minimum 80%)
- Location: Stockholm HQ
- Start: August
We are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Please note that only applicants who have addressed the above selection criteria and uploaded CV and cover letter will be considered for this vacancy.
(Note that we can only consider applicants with full working rights in Sweden)