Hem is looking for a General Manager to oversee staff, budgets and operations of our Los Angeles Office and Showroom. The General Manager’s responsibilities include overseeing the implementation of the company’s strategy, managing the team and implementing global and local policies. This while ensuring that the the local ambitious growth and profitability goals are met.
To be successful in this role you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker that grows by helping other people set and achieve their goals. You are someone that thrive in a global team setting, loves a transparent company culture, excellent communication skills, and are able to identify and leverage each team member's unique set of strengths.
Ultimately, you’ll be an integral part of Hem's sustainable growth agenda.
- Set and follow-up on employees goals and development agendas
- Ensure employees has the right support and tools to be successful
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Improve and implement policies and processes
- Manage the hiring & screening process of new employees
- On-boarding and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve local operations and financial performance
- Maintain and follow-up on budgets
- Prepare and present reports for global management
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar manager role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Problem-solving aptitude
- A positive mindset - Seeing inefficiencies and challenges as possibilities for greatness
- General knowledge within different business verticals (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.
- Experience from the design industry or adjacent creative industry is highly meritorious
Led by a love for design and fueled by a quest for quality, we create sustainable state-of-the-art furniture, accessories and lighting. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, we craft iconic products for homes and workplaces all around the world. www.hem.com